Sunday, May 27, 2012

THE RISK OF ARGUING WITH CHILDREN

By:  WSP

In a grade school lesson, a teacher was explaining a little bit about whales.

A little girl in class piped up and said: “I just learned that Jonah in the bible was swallowed by a whale.”


The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was relatively small.


The girl said: "I am sure Jonah was swallowed by a whale."


The teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; that it was physically impossible.


The little girl replied: "My Sunday school teacher told me Jonah was swallowed and she would not lie to me.”


A bit perturbed by this, the teacher proclaimed: "That is a “story” from the bible, it is not factual, and I will not argue with you."


After a little thought, the girl responded: "Well, when I get to heaven, I will ask Jonah".


Now challenged, the teacher spouted: "What if Jonah didn’t go to heaven?"


Not at all daunted, the girl quipped, " . . . . . ok then you ask him."


- - “Out of the mouth of babes . . . “

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on God and His Light in the Heart

By:   A. Murray “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they t...