Sunday, December 23, 2012
59 EXCUSES TO MAKE SURE YOU DON’T MAKE IN 2013
By: S. Chavis
“Where the heart is willing, it will find a thousand ways. Where it is unwilling, it will find a thousand excuses.” Arlen Price
We are only 8 days from 2013 (give or take a few days depending on when you’re reading this). Can you believe it’s practically 2013? The year has flown by – hasn’t it?
What a year it’s been. I know for me this year has been filled with so many changes, challenges, curve balls, ups, downs and of course my favorite things – possibilities. And, when I look at just about everyone else around me, I see that these exact same things have played out in their lives as well.
In fact, so much has happened this year, that I feel like I can’t even remember January. It feels like ages ago. Is it the same for you too?
Over the last year, there were so many lessons and experiences that came our way. Perhaps you’ve had:
those situations that tested your ability to forgive and keep moving forward;
those times where the Chief Negativity Officer in your mind needed to be reeled in so you could manage through fears and doubts;
those times when you had way too much going on and you just needed to slow down, put things into perspective, and take a Time In;
a realization that it was time to finally make a tough decision about something that’s been weighing on you.
Over the last year there really were so many experiences and lessons that came our way. Every single thing we experienced, has in one way or another strengthened us and set us up to take advantage of the future in a new and improved way – even if that’s sometimes hard to see.
It’s Time to Gear Up For 2013
So, the time has come to get ready for 2013 and set ourselves up to make it one of the best years we’ve ever had.
Isn’t it time to make the things you really want happen? I know I am committed to doing that and if you are too, I have discovered the 7 specific steps that must be taken and a roadmap that can be used.
But, for now, let’s make sure we are getting all the excuses out of the way.
In January, many of you committed to not make anymore excuses in 2012. I am so glad you did, and of course am hoping you will join me again. Because it’s time to take a quantum leap. Doesn’t that sound good?
Here’s a reminder of the list of 59 excuses we are committed to not making. If you have made any of these in 2012, it happened and its over – no need for regrets or to beat yourself up.
Today is a new day and 2013 will have a whole new set of possibilities just sitting there waiting to be taken advantage of. Get rid of all the excuses TODAY so you can see your possibilities, choose them, and most importantly seize them.
59 Excuses to (Again) Make Sure You Aren’t Making
1. I just can’t do it
2. I don’t have enough time
3. It’s too late
4. It’s impossible
5. It’s just not realistic
6. I tried already and it didn’t work
7. I’m afraid of failing
8. It’s just not the right time
9. It’s going to be so difficult
10. I don’t have the willpower
11. There is a reason why things aren’t falling into place
12. I don’t want to try, get my hopes up and end up being disappointed
13. Things rarely go my way
14. I’m not as good as the other people that are already doing it
15. My friends don’t think it will work
16. Every time I try, it never works out
17. I am not motivated enough
18. I will be so embarrassed if it doesn’t work out
19. Things like that never happen to people like me
20. I doubt that would work
21. I’ve got responsibilities and bills to pay
22. I don’t want anyone to see me fail
23. I am just not disciplined enough
24. It’s too risky
25. It will take so long
26. I don’t deserve it
27. That’s just not how I am wired
28. I can’t afford it
29. Nothing ever goes my way
30. I don’t have the energy
31. I’m too old
32. I’m too young
33. That’s just not the way things work
34. It’s too big
35. I’m too scared
36. I’m too tired
37. I am not smart enough
38. It’s too hard to change
39. I can’t take that chance
40. I have too much to lose
41. I am too afraid of what could happen
42. No one believes I can do it
43. I can’t figure it out
44. I never have been good at completing things
45. I am not disciplined enough
46. Life isn’t fair
47. I am cursed
48. I already did everything I could
49. It’s just too much
50. I am stressed out
51. I can’t go any further
52. It’s never going to happen
53. No one will ever give me a chance
54. I can’t focus
55. I am too lazy
56. I just can’t do it anymore
57. I don’t have anyone that will support or help me
58. I am afraid it will not work
59. It’s just not possible