Sunday, December 23, 2012

59 EXCUSES TO MAKE SURE YOU DON’T MAKE IN 2013


By:  S. Chavis

“Where the heart is willing, it will find a thousand ways. Where it is unwilling, it will find a thousand excuses.” Arlen Price

We are only 8 days from 2013 (give or take a few days depending on when you’re reading this). Can you believe it’s practically 2013? The year has flown by – hasn’t it?

What a year it’s been. I know for me this year has been filled with so many changes, challenges, curve balls, ups, downs and of course my favorite things – possibilities. And, when I look at just about everyone else around me, I see that these exact same things have played out in their lives as well.

In fact, so much has happened this year, that I feel like I can’t even remember January. It feels like ages ago. Is it the same for you too?

Over the last year, there were so many lessons and experiences that came our way. Perhaps you’ve had:

those situations that tested your ability to forgive and keep moving forward;

those times where the Chief Negativity Officer in your mind needed to be reeled in so you could manage through fears and doubts;

those times when you had way too much going on and you just needed to slow down, put things into perspective, and take a Time In;

a realization that it was time to finally make a tough decision about something that’s been weighing on you.

Over the last year there really were so many experiences and lessons that came our way. Every single thing we experienced, has in one way or another strengthened us and set us up to take advantage of the future in a new and improved way – even if that’s sometimes hard to see.

It’s Time to Gear Up For 2013

So, the time has come to get ready for 2013 and set ourselves up to make it one of the best years we’ve ever had.

Isn’t it time to make the things you really want happen? I know I am committed to doing that and if you are too, I have discovered the 7 specific steps that must be taken and a roadmap that can be used.

But, for now, let’s make sure we are getting all the excuses out of the way.http://possibilityoftoday.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif

In January, many of you committed to not make anymore excuses in 2012. I am so glad you did, and of course am hoping you will join me again. Because it’s time to take a quantum leap. Doesn’t that sound good?

Here’s a reminder of the list of 59 excuses we are committed to not making. If you have made any of these in 2012, it happened and its over – no need for regrets or to beat yourself up.

Today is a new day and 2013 will have a whole new set of possibilities just sitting there waiting to be taken advantage of. Get rid of all the excuses TODAY so you can see your possibilities, choose them, and most importantly seize them.

59 Excuses to (Again) Make Sure You Aren’t Making

1.  I just can’t do it

2.  I don’t have enough time

3.  It’s too late

4.  It’s impossible

5.  It’s just not realistic

6.  I tried already and it didn’t work

7.  I’m afraid of failing

8.  It’s just not the right time

9.  It’s going to be so difficult

10. I don’t have the willpower

11. There is a reason why things aren’t falling into place

12. I don’t want to try, get my hopes up and end up being disappointed

13. Things rarely go my way

14. I’m not as good as the other people that are already doing it

15. My friends don’t think it will work

16. Every time I try, it never works out

17. I am not motivated enough

18. I will be so embarrassed if it doesn’t work out

19. Things like that never happen to people like me

20. I doubt that would work

21. I’ve got responsibilities and bills to pay

22. I don’t want anyone to see me fail

23. I am just not disciplined enough

24. It’s too risky

25. It will take so long

26. I don’t deserve it

27. That’s just not how I am wired

28. I can’t afford it

29. Nothing ever goes my way

30. I don’t have the energy

31. I’m too old

32. I’m too young

33. That’s just not the way things work

34. It’s too big

35. I’m too scared

36. I’m too tired

37. I am not smart enough

38. It’s too hard to change

39. I can’t take that chance

40. I have too much to lose

41. I am too afraid of what could happen

42. No one believes I can do it

43. I can’t figure it out

44. I never have been good at completing things

45. I am not disciplined enough

46. Life isn’t fair

47. I am cursed

48. I already did everything I could

49. It’s just too much

50. I am stressed out

51. I can’t go any further

52. It’s never going to happen

53. No one will ever give me a chance

54. I can’t focus

55. I am too lazy

56. I just can’t do it anymore

57. I don’t have anyone that will support or help me

58. I am afraid it will not work

59. It’s just not possible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on God and His Light in the Heart

By:   A. Murray “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they t...