Saturday, March 31, 2012

CREATED STRONG AND RESILIENT

By:  A Coach

I am always fascinated by the way bamboo trees bend under pressure from the wind and watch them return gracefully to their upright or original position after the wind had died down.. When I think of its ability to bounce back or return to its original position, the word RESILIENCE comes to mind.

When used in reference to a person, this word means the ability to readily recover from shock, depression, or any other situation that stretches the limits of a person’s emotions ... Have you ever felt like you are about to snap? Have you ever felt like you are at your breaking point? Thankfully, you have survived the experience.

Life is a mixture of good times and bad times, happy moments and unhappy moments ... The next time you are experiencing one of those bad times or unhappy moments that take you close to your breaking point, bend but don’t break. Try your best not to let the situation get the best of you. If the going gets tough and you are at your breaking point, show resilience. Like the bamboo tree, BEND BUT DON’T BREAK!!

I’ve experienced a lot of storms in my own life, too. The only thing that keeps me going is that I serve and worship a God who promised never to abandon me. My being a Bamboo man is the result of Somebody who gave His life for me on the cross. By God’s grace, I can say that I may be knocked down but I am not knocked out. – eoh via mentor & me


We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed, but we don’t give up and quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going. – 2 Cor. 4: 8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on God and His Light in the Heart

By:   A. Murray “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they t...