― Helen Keller
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
5 OF THE BEST REALIZATIONS YOU CAN EVER HAVE
By: S. Chavis
“Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.”
― Helen Keller
― Helen Keller
One of the things I am always trying to do is learn from the experiences that come my way. I just am not a fan of repeat lessons. Why experience the same types of issues over and over again when you could pay attention the first time and get the lesson?
Of course, that’s not to say I have always been able to do that. I have definitely had my fair share of repeat lessons where the same challenges would creep up because I needed to learn what I missed the time before.
But, once I realized that things don’t just happen “to us”, they also happen “for us” so that we can have certain realizations and live even better tomorrow, I really started paying attention.
Here are 5 of The Best Realizations To Have (in no particular order):
1. You Should Continually Rethink What’s Possible. There’s definitely a balance to be struck and although there is nothing more important than experiencing the moment in front of you and appreciating exactly where you are; you do want to make sure you are recognizing all that is really possible and going for what you really want.
2. There is a Possibility Spiral you must walk up if you want to get from where you are today to where you really want to be. You’ve got to use the days in front of you in the best way possible so you can continually move up your Possibility Spiral. Two important areas to focus on are: (1)What you’re doing each day to take a step in the direction you want to go (2) Having the best energy flowing by bringing your highest self to what you say, think and do.
3. There is something within each of us that is powerful and capable of so much. It’s like that great quote by Emerson explains – “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” Our job is to get more and more acquainted with that part of ourselves – our Extraordinary Side-so that we can feel it at all times as we move through each day.
4. Your mindset influences so much - how you feel, what you do and what you really believe is possible. We’ve got to work everyday to clear away limiting beliefs and negative thought patterns that we’ve built up over the course of our lifetime. It’s like weeding a garden and your job each day is to pick out as many weeds as you can. It takes discipline and effort, but once you remove the weeds, life really opens up.
5. We need to let our Extraordinary Side lead the way when it comes to all the aspects of our life. (1) Goals, work, career, success (2) Health & Fitness (3) Financial Success (4) Family & Relationships (5) Spirituality (6) Enjoying Life – “You Time” (7) Your Mindset (8) Your actions and behaviors. Be willing to bring your highest self to everything you think, say, or do.