Monday, October 22, 2012

HOW TO PURSUE YOUR DREAM AND NOT GIVING UP?



By:  C. Irvin

Have you ever watched the sunset or seen a sunrise? It is a beautiful sight just to see the handiwork of God before your eyes. Yet while I was watching it, I wondered why it is so hard to have hope for our future. Surely, the same God that holds the universe in His hand holds our lives.

“‘I know the plans I have for you, to prosper you,’ says the Lord.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

What is our response? Is it one of faith or are we a doubting Thomas? You may be saying, “How can I look beyond my present circumstances … finances, family problems, etc.” You might have a list of excuses but none are valid to God. He knows what lies ahead and if you pursue your dream and don’t give up, you will find your destiny.

The road may be hard sometimes but we must look at God’s Word and not what we see with the natural eye. We need to know there is a new day dawning for each of us who dare to believe and trust in the Lord.

We know the scripture that says, “the devil comes to rob, steal and destroy,” but do we know what he is after? He is after your joy, your hope and yes, my friend, even your dreams. The adversary, the devil, wants to steal from us. Once we recognize this, we can remind him that he is a defeated foe. Then we are on our way to reaching our destination in Christ.

I like to see the sunset. It comes at the close of another day where I can rest from my daily activities. But I really look forward to the sunrise because I have another chance to serve the Lord and receive the blessings that He has waiting for me. If I keep looking to Him and listening for His direction, then I will get where I am supposed to be going and enjoy each day to the fullest.

Don’t let anything stand in your way of obeying the Lord and fulfilling your destiny. It is just around the corner. See your destiny with the eyes of faith. It’s dawning brings to us a brand new sunrise. |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on God and His Light in the Heart

By:   A. Murray “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they t...