"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he . . . Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the wisdom of your words . . . Apply your heart to instruction, and your ears to words of knowledge . . . Do not let your heart envy sinners, but be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day; for surely there is a hereafter, and your hope will not be cut off. Hear, my son, and be wise; and guide your heart in the way." Proverbs 23:7, 9, 12, 17-19
Leaders understand the importance of their minds to the future of their organizations. Consider some of these timeless principles offered in Proverbs 23 about our minds and a godly vision for tomorrow.
- Your thoughts determine your character.
- Be careful of your thoughts; they may break into words at any time.
- Don't waste your thoughts on those who don't hunger for them.
- The first person you lead is you, and the first organ you master is your mind.
- Don't let your mind drift away from God's truth and into vain envy.
- Stay confident that your vision will come to pass.
- Discipline your thoughts to remain steadfast in what you know is right.