Friday, March 15, 2013

GOD LOVES TO SPEAK


GOD is really good He uses various ways to speak to us and give His message to His people. Usually, God speaks to us through His Word in the Bible and sometimes He taps other people to bring to us what He wants us to know. In other times He even utilizes dreams to make us aware that He has something important to tell us.

Just while ago I was awakened by a dream. In my dream I was in a place where I was taking a course/ schooling along with my friends/ classmates. As we were taking our break for the next subject, I noticed that it’s already time for us to proceed and attend the class but to my surprise, some of my classmates, in fact majority of them, did not even lift a finger to show that they will go and attend the next class.

Five minutes have passed and they are still busy doing their own thing seemingly unmindful that we were on schooling. Another five minutes have passed, and this time I decided to go ahead of them and attend the class, anyway, even without them.

As I was walking towards the place, I was suddenly awakened realizing that I was only dreaming. To tell you frankly, I was a little bit upset over this, shall I say, cut-off dream. Who would ever want such, anyway. I think, not even you.

As we were taking our breakfast with my kids, Johanna & Caleb, I told them about this dream and jokingly related to them that maybe there is a moral story here. And truly indeed, there was and it was not only a story with a moral sense but in fact ... the LORD seems to be speaking here.

It’s good that I could still chew my food while contemplating about what the LORD seems to be saying here. And thankfully, I got the message as I excitingly told them to my kids. This is the message:

Sometimes, God will bid us to do something that doesn’t make sense with our friends, peers, churchmates, and even loved ones. These are things that seem to be awkward to them at the present. However, if we have the conviction and the confirmation that the thing is really from God, we shouldn’t allow these well-meaning people to deter us from obeying Him even if we are the only one to believe and do it. Oftentimes, the LORD is in the minority and not in the majority... I am just reminded of what the apostle Paul has said to the Galatians:

“Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.” – Gal. 1: 10 (NIV)

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on God and His Light in the Heart

By:   A. Murray “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they t...