Wednesday, August 8, 2012

LIFETIME WARRANTY

By:  V. Grounds

Buying a new car is a major investment. We want to be sure we are getting our money’s worth. We also want to be certain that the vehicle won’t cause us trouble. So we carefully file the manufacturer’s warranty, confident that if something doesn’t work right we can take our car back to the dealer. Not only are we sure they have trained people who can troubleshoot the problem and fix it, but we know they have all the manufacturer’s specifications and the parts that may be needed.

When we run into difficulties in life and aren’t able to get things working right, where can we turn for help? Doesn’t it make sense that the One who made us is totally qualified to supply the indispensable help we need? The psalmist David found great comfort in this fact. He wrote, “You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works . . . . How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!” (Ps. 139:13-14,17).

God’s help is as available today as it was then. And who is more qualified to know what we need than the One who made us!

All that I am I owe to Thee,
Thy wisdom, Lord, has fashioned me;
I give my Maker thankful praise,
Whose wondrous works my soul amaze. —Psalter

God’s warranty: You’re covered for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on God and His Light in the Heart

By:   A. Murray “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they t...