Friday, August 24, 2012

KNOWING WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE

By:  K. Hee

The Bible says, “No one has seen God at any time” (John 1:18). But as we grow closer to God by reading the Bible every day, we can learn to recognize what God looks like.
 
Take, for example, the story of a successful rancher in the 1800s named Ben, who realized he was very lonely. So he put an ad in the newspaper that said, “Wanted: A good woman willing to be a pen pal. Marriage is a possibility.”

He soon started receiving letters from a girl named Molly. Through their letter writings, they fell in love. So Molly decided to take a train to meet him for the very first time. The train pulled in and hundreds of young ladies came out. Finally, Molly stepped out and Ben went right up to her and said, “Molly, it’s me, Ben.”

Molly looked at him in disbelief. “How did you know it was me?” she asked. “You’ve never even seen my picture.”

“I knew from the letters,” he said. “I’ve read them so many times that I had a picture in my head of what you looked like. When you stepped off the train, I knew it was you!”

Jesus tells us, “(I) am known by my own” (John 10:13). If you love the Word of God and take the time to familiarize yourself with it, God will open the eyes of your heart to Who He really is!

Prayer for the day:

Ask God to open your eyes to Who He is as you read His Word, so that you may know Him personally and intimately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on God and His Light in the Heart

By:   A. Murray “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they t...