Thursday, February 16, 2012

THE GREATEST FEAR OF THE FUTURE


By:  Z. Ziglar

The greatest fear of the future held by many is the fear of death. I remember immediately following the events of September 11, 2001, people asked me how my travel schedule would be affected. I said, “Not at all.”
I live my life looking through the windshield, not the rearview mirror. I believe the words of Psalm 139 that say the days of my life were ordained before I even existed (see verse 16). If that is true - and I believe it is - then no terrorist can touch me until God grants permission. Nor can any other harm befall me. And when it is my time to be promoted to heaven - regardless of how it happens - do you think I live in fear of that hour? Why, heaven is what I’m living for on earth!

Until one has conquered the ultimate fear - the fear of death - no lesser fear is worth worrying about.

I encourage you not to be stressed about the future … We may not know what the future holds, but we definitely know Who holds the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on God and His Light in the Heart

By:   A. Murray “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they t...