Thursday, February 9, 2012

SMILE IT ADDS TO YOUR FACE VALUE


By:  John L . M.

Christians should be the happiest, most enthusiastic people on earth. In fact, the word “enthusiasm” comes from the Greek word “entheous”, which means “God within” or “full of God.”

Smiling, proof that you are happy and enthusiastic, is always a choice, not a result. It is a decision that must be consciously made. Enthusiasm and joy and happiness will improve your personality and people’s opinion of you. It will help you keep a proper perspective in life.. Helen Keller said, “Keep your face to the sunshine, and you cannot see the shadow.”

The bigger the challenge you are facing, the more enthusiasm you need. Philippians 2:5 says, “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.” I believe that Jesus was a man who had a smile on his face and a spring in His step.

Our attitude always tells others what we expect in return.

A smile is a powerful weapon. It can break the ice in tough situations. You will find that being enthusiastic is like having a head cold; both are very contagious. A laugh a day will keep the negative people away. As enthusiasm increases, stress and fear decrease. The bible says that the joy of the Lord is our strength (Nehemiah 8:10).

Many people say, “Well, no wonder those people are happy, confident, and positive; if I had their job and assets, I would be happy too!” Such thinking falsely assumes that successful people are positive because they have a good income and lots of possessions. But the reverse is true. Such people probably have a good income and lots of possessions as a result of being positive, confident and happy.

Enthusiasm always inspires action. No significant accomplishment has ever been made without enthusiasm. In John 15:10-11 we have a promise from the Lord that says, “If you obey my commands you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in His love. I have told you this so that my joy be in you and that your joy may be complete.”

The Lord’s joy and love are yours – so smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on God and His Light in the Heart

By:   A. Murray “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they t...