Tuesday, January 24, 2012

APART FROM CHRIST, SUCCESS IS MEANINGLESS


By:  H. Dayton


King Solomon, the author of Ecclesiastes, had an annual income of more than $35 million. He lived in a palace that took 13 years to build. He owned 40,000 stalls of horses. The daily menu of his household included 100 sheep and 30 oxen.

Obviously, Solomon was in a position to know whether money would bring true fulfillment. He concluded, “Vanity of vanities … all is vanity!” (Ecclesiastes 12:8). Nothing, even extraordinary success, can replace the value of our relationship with the Lord. Ask yourself this question: Am I sacrificing a close relationship with Christ in the pursuit of wealth?

“What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?” – Mark 8:36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on God and His Light in the Heart

By:   A. Murray “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they t...