Wednesday, January 25, 2012

THE TRUE MEANING OF PROSPERITY


By:  H. Dayton


It is important to understand that the Lord’s perspective of prosperity is contrary to that of our culture. The Lord evaluates true riches based on His spiritual value system. This contrast is stated most clearly in the book of Revelation. The godly poor are rich in God’s sight. “I (the Lord) know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich)” (Revelation 2:9).

Those who are wealthy yet do not enjoy a close relationship with Christ are actually poor. “Because you say, ‘I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,’ and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked” (Revelation 3:17).

True prosperity extends far beyond material possessions. True prosperity is gauged by how well we know Jesus Christ and by how closely we follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on God and His Light in the Heart

By:   A. Murray “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they t...